Just another reason to get to your Miami dentist as soon as possible: keep your smile as healthy as possible so you will be encouraged to smile more. Why would we want to smile MORE? It’s surprisingly good for your health. Who knew?
A fascinating article on About.com written by Dr. Mark Stibich, PhD lists eight reasons why smiling is good for us. Something so simple can actually improve our overall well being so it’s important to take care of our teeth and mouth to ensure we are comfortable smiling often. Here’s a quick run down of the benefits of smiling:
- Smiling draws people to us and can make us more attractive
- Smiling changes our mood and makes us feel happier
- Smiling is contagious and can spread happiness
- Smiling has been proven to reduce stress
- Smiling boosts your immune system
- Smiling can lower blood pressure
- Smiling released feel-good endorphins
- Smiling lifts your face and makes you look younger
There is actually some science behind these claims so take it with a grain of salt and smile all you can. If you are self conscious about your smile, you may smile less and put your health at risk. Visiting your dentist regularly will ensure you have a healthy smile throughout your lifetime.