There are many things that can cause our teeth to become discolored. Some of these things are out of our control, but there are many things we do which may be causing our teeth to become yellow or even brown.
According to Web MD, there are ten main culprits causing our society discolored teeth. These include:
- Food and drinks such as coffee, wine, and certain fruits
- Tobacco use
- Poor dental hygiene
- Health ailments such as cancer or even pregnancy
- Medications such as tetracycline and doxycycline
- Dental materials such as amalgam restorations
- Environment such as too much fluoride
- Damage from an accident
The good news is that many of these causes are preventable or treatable. A consultation with a cosmetic dentist can help you understand what you can do to treat and prevent further discoloration of your teeth and ensure a lifelong beautiful smile.